Monday, August 30, 2004

Off to Philly

Not too much to report this morning. We've had a great long weekend here in LBI, and now we're heading off to Philly. We spent Friday night playing drinking Genus IV Trivial Pursuit with Leah's Babson crew (ala Mills for you Guelphites, although not the Canadian edition this time). Spent Saturday on the Beach, then had a great Lobster dinner. You know you're getting old when you purchase 2 cases of beer and can only manage to drink 2 or 3 because everyone passes out watching TV. Needless to say, we didn't make it out to the Jersey bars Saturday night. One other piece of notable news is that I've decided to try and grow a beard. For those of you who know me, you know that my facial hair doesn't grow all that quickly, to say the least. I haven't shaved since Friday and I still barely have any stubble. We'll keep you posted on how this goes, and post pics every once in a while. See below for today's pic. Have a great week everyone! I have to say, it's great to wake up and not have to go to work :)

3 Comments:

At August 30, 2004 at 6:19 AM, Blogger Shelley said...

Lookin' Good Mark!! Luv you birds. S.

 
At August 30, 2004 at 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell me about the joys of not having to go to work. I've been doing it since 1998 when I retired. Of course at your age I was working at least 40 hours per week. Oh well, the times they are a' changing.

Enjoy your journey!

Love,
Uncle Barry

 
At August 31, 2004 at 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Road Trip Games...
You could try these websites:

family.go.com/travel/activities/feature/famf48cargames
www.roadtripplanning.com/road-trip-games.html

My favourite is the counting cows one. It may be a little difficult for you to play. I'm not sure how many cows and cemeteries you'll see on your journey.

Rob

 

Post a Comment

<< Home